Free Local Shipping Over $150!
2018 Credo Semillon

Escala Humana

2018 Credo Semillon

Label: Escala Humana
Winemaker: Germán Masera

Vintage: 2018

Fruit: Semillon

Region: Valle de Uco, Argentina

ABV: 13%

the edge of glory / citrus crystal / bright expressionism / herb alpert wax sculpture

five days on skins

Through two of the historical and iconic varieties of Argentina, Semillon and Malbec, coming from unique plots; Credo wants to show - in El Peral - this particular terroir of the intermediate sector of the Uco Valley between 1,120 and 1,200 meters above sea level: Cold terroir and marked thermal amplitude. Here the soils are mostly loam with medium-high permeability and the appearance of mountain stones begins with granitic and calcareous sectors. In this area, the natural vegetation begins to change, the soil has a lowe contest of organic matter, and viticulture predominates over other agricultural crops. Here there are very old vineyards, who's wines - unlike those from the lower part of the Valley - speak more from the textures than from the aromas. 

In a dry and high temperature harvest, this Semillon was harvested manually. 60% of the grapes were directly pressed and spontaneously fermented in 300-litre barrels. The other 40% was destemmed and was in contact with the skins for five days. Subsequently, a soft pressing was carried out and it also underwent spontaneous fermentation in 300-litre barrels. In those same barrels it was aged for 24 months.

Please note, all orders come with chips!